Should I upgrade to Vista or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinscher

Fully Optimized
Hey guys,
My Vista Home Premium just arrived in the mail and I am not sure if I should install it yet. Are there any bugs still that I should consider or any reasons at all not to install it yet?
Thanks

If you are satisfied with your current version of Windows,why upgrade to Vista?Think about it that way.
I would wait until the first service pack for Vista is released :p

if I install it, don't really like it, can I reinstall XP or am I stuck with Vista if I install it?

creative sound cards have issues including the x-fi series. problaly wont be good to get vista till sp1 but im running ultimate and the only complaint is older games 2003 and down run slow, and my sound card crackles and pops. i am currently running vista ultimate.

you could just clean install xp if you dont like vista right now if you can live with bugs its ok, i havent checked out your version though, also some hd 1080p vids play sloppy when you have dreamscene enabled

You should not.

If you have a legal version of XP, you might not be able to reinstall it. If it's pirated, you will.

What is your reason why I shouldn't?

TheEnd: I am using onboard sound so that isn't a factor.

Can I just backup my data, and if I don't like Vista, clean install XP and put my data back on?

yes you could just back-up dataand clean install with a pirated xp. or why not just get pirated vista to try it out? lol::)

Audio:i was also having problems installing realtek onboard audio drivers on my gf's pc when i installed it so i hade to put a sb live in hers i downloaded the drivers from realtek website but vista came up saying that those drivers were for x64 when i had clearly downloaded x86 drivers.

Can i clean install with genuine XP? and I already have Vista in my hands cuz I got it free so I don't need a pirated version.

yes if you dont like vista just format your hd and install vista with all your backed up files its easy as that, thats why backups were invented

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom