Best place to buy a Gaming rig with 1500?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.oh, sorry sweet heart. I didn't mean to get your panties all wet.

"2. No its not a "Gimmick," you will see an increase in performance when transferring large files."

2.Yeah!!! 2ms difference is totally noticeable.. your right...

3.BTW.. Don't worry, I corrected all your spelling errors in your quote, so you don't look uneducated in English as well as technology.

1. Apology accepted. Panties? Hrmm, Im not wearing anything down there... But ok...
2. Most people don't, I do.
3. If I cared about spelling you would see a more recent edit making them. But I don't.
You can attempt to insult me all you wish. But I have evolved past the need for it. Your wrong, but hey, if it makes you feel better, go for it.

actually ste you are wrong, you wont notice a difference between 8mb and 16mb and also if ppl at first wants to buy a prebuilt pc, let them, dont drag them into the trouble of building a pc, if he gets a defective part or gets stumped whose responsibility is it?

1.actually ste you are wrong, you wont notice a difference between 8mb and 16mb and also2. if ppl at first wants to buy a prebuilt pc, let them, dont drag them into the trouble of building a pc, 3.if he gets a defective part or gets stumped whose responsibility is it?

1. Lol, I do alot of file transfering between my external drive and other PC's, I can tell you that it does MAKE a difference. So, Once again, The increased cache does increase performence that I CAN notice.
2. If their budget is less than $700 to $800 I won't tell anyone to build it..
But that was not the case here.
3. Mine and anyone else who made suggestions.

Are you really trying to say that 16mb cache on the HDD isn't any different from 8mb cache? Um hello? Don't be stupid...it makes quite a large difference in transferring files and whatnot.

I know, I can't believe their trying to say otherwise.

And then the even funnier part is that I am the one being called uneducated. Thats just Lol....

"We looked at several Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 drives to get down to the performance nitty-gritty. In doing so, we found that there is hardly any difference between two drives that only differ in their cache sizes: 16 MB cache has no significant advantage over 8 MB across our benchmark suite, and this applies both to Serial ATA and to UltraATA drives. We would have expected that at least the SATA drives would show some degree of benefit, but in the case of the 7200.10 family, 16 MB cache is a waste of money if you have a cheaper 8 MB alternative. At the same time, 16 MB cache doesn't hurt either if the price is about the same..."

Understanding Hard Drive Performance | Tom's Hardware

case closed, now do some research before u start blabbin

Power Supply will be under warranty.
If he doesn't want to build it himself, chance are he's not going to overclock
May-be he already has one.
8MB cache vs. 16MB cache is a gimmick, he will not see a difference.
It has onboard sound, in most cases that's enough.

(Some people just don't want to BYOPC. Stop being NO PROFANITY! bags about it and just simply give them components and configurations.)

D0UCHE IS THE FRENCH WORD FOR "SHOWER". IT'S NOT PROFANE.

"We looked at several Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 drives to get down to the performance nitty-gritty. In doing so, we found that there is hardly any difference between two drives that only differ in their cache sizes: 16 MB cache has no significant advantage over 8 MB across our benchmark suite, and this applies both to Serial ATA and to UltraATA drives. We would have expected that at least the SATA drives would show some degree of benefit, but in the case of the 7200.10 family, 16 MB cache is a waste of money if you have a cheaper 8 MB alternative. At the same time, 16 MB cache doesn't hurt either if the price is about the same..."

Understanding Hard Drive Performance | Tom's Hardware

Problem is drives that have 16 MB Caches are not much more expensive...
And if you believe every online report you see then you are. Well you know what I am going to say.

And even if they were I still will not back down from what I have observed with my file tranfers.
The file transfers take less time then they did when I have a drive with an 8 MB Cache.

I don't care if you buy 8 MB Cache drives. But I have seen it with my own eyes that there is a performence increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom