High End Cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
you should not be building your own computer as the only people who fry chips are retards who set their Vcore to insane amounts.

have you seen my baseball?
yay lady! yaaaaay!
i got mail! i got mail! yaaaaay!
ed-1.jpg

O and aonther thing the e6600 only has 4mb of l2 and the extreme has 8 wont that heavily affect performance? and will i be able to play high demanding games like rome total war on max with like 10,000 troops on the battle field with like no lag?

the x6800 has only 4mb too, unless your talking about the qx6700. Of course the qx6700 has 8mb becuase it is a quad core, but like alot of us have been saying quad cores arn't supported very well right now. Dual cores are just starting to have support with games. Which is why the benchmarks i posted earlier showed that they were getting the same performance at the same speed on current games like oblivion . Also, for some reason, the dual cores were getting a few more frames over the quad cores if you remember the benchmarks.

All C2D's are manufactured with the though of every one being an X6800 but due to quality control the ones that run hotter are just underclocked and sold as a lower chip. This means that all have the same Technology and can all reach the same FSB in the end. The X6800 has an unlocked multiplier but you get higher FSB with a lower multi therefore making it useless. You will max out around the same as an E6600.

So really the x6800 can reach those high speeds with better stability than the 6600 right? If it runs cooler, doesn't that give it more potential for running higher since it can be more stable?

So will an e6600 be able to handle medieval 2 total war with 10,000 troops on the field, max graphics settings and be able to have msn, a download client on and convert a movie without any lag?(unoverclocked because i dont wanna be expected to overclock i mighht not even overclock at all)

So really the x6800 can reach those high speeds with better stability than the 6600 right? If it runs cooler, doesn't that give it more potential for running higher since it can be more stable?

it may be more stable, indeed. but i dont think it will neccessarily overclock any higher (ie the ceiling is going to be very close).
also, pretty much imo, stable is stable...there really isn't more or less. just my opinion.

Yea the E6600 and X6800 in the end will max out in overclocks around the same with not much of temp differences.

well do you guys know if it will do it?play the game and do all the others at the same time with good frame rate?

I mean I would expect it would do it well but if you want max performance overclock it....Your not going to even come close to the speed some people have by overclocking. Still it's literally one of the fastest chips out so what do you expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom