Laptop Processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cplEverett

Solid State Member
What's a good laptop processor nowadays? I was looking for a decent processor that will be able to handle some gaming. Checked out the C2D mobile line but they look rediculously expensive. I couldnt find a dual core proc from AMD? Does AMD have dual core laptop processors yet? Maybe I'm just really behind the times....

Hello,

AMD's line of dual core mobile processors are called AMD Turion X2 processors.

So are you thinking of upgrading the processor in your laptop?

You'll be restricted in which brand and processor socket you can use.

Thanks Alvin. The reason I asked is because I was looking at alienware's line of laptops and they have one with SLI but it runs turion single core processors. The ones that have C2D dont run SLI. Im just looking for a laptop that will tie me over for a few years until I can get a desktop and not worry about deploying every year.

Okies I see.

Personally, I would get one with Core 2 Duo (Area-51 or Sentia), but since gaming is one of your priorities, perhaps it would be best for you to get an Aurora.

Still, the Alienware's Core 2 Duo laptops are cheaper than the AMD Turion Single core laptops with dual graphics.

Keep in mind that if you're looking for a laptop which will last for a good while on the go, then perhaps Alienware isn't the right direction.

The sentia rolls with onboard GFX :( I bought one for my girlfriend a while back though lol.

The aurora doesnt run dual core and doesnt have ddr2.

I think ive found what im looking for elsewhere though (www.abs.com). Thanks for the info alvin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom