Security 4 Vista???????????????????????????/

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmil

Baseband Member
hello, i hav vista ultimate, and and one of my 1st priorities is to keep my pc safe. i know that zonealarm is not yet compatible for vista so thats a bummer.so basically i want sum advice on wat security software 2 buy for vista($ is not a probelm)

i want progranms for anit-virus and firewall or security suite, i hav tried norton 360 and i didnt like it i wanna try ms live onecare but i dont trust ms so much

so yeah i good awsome reilable software 4 vista

Hello,

I've been running Avast. Flawless. Don't even notice it's there!

Windows Vista already has Windows Defender (spyware / adware scanner) as well as a firewall (enabled by default) so an anti-virus program is really all you need in addition.

Alvin is correct. With Defender running already the only thing you realy need is a Anti-Virus. Avast is one of the best to use. So with that you are all set.

yeah but is the embedded firewall that good?????? same 4 the defender??????????

thats y i want an secuirty suite or just a firewall cuz kaspersky is compatible for vista and ive been with kaspersky and the ratings r good on it but thats just an anti-virus, on any xp system i use zonealarm and kaspersky there a great duo. but with zonealarm gone i just want a secuirty suite or a firewall

There is only like 2 firewalls that are Vista compatable right now. Plus with Vista's new security (The UAC) you shouldnt have to much to worry about when it comes to hacks and drive-by isntalls. That is if you leave the UAC on.

There is only PC Tools that has a Vista firewall and a Vista Firewall add-on. Other than that there is no other one. Zone Alarm, Comodo and the rest are not yet Vista compatable. So you will have to wait. As far as the spyware...Defender should take care of you alright cause you shouldnt get too much. But if you do almost all the rest of the spyware applications still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom