Revised Build List

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammybaines

Baseband Member
Ok so the first list i put up was pretty lame and got flamed so this is my revised list to get people's opinions (the computer will be used as a gaming computer), so far i have these components:

CPU - E6600 C2D
PSU - Corsair HX 620W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU (CMPSU-620HXUK)
HDD - Segate Barracuda 400GB 7200RPM 16MB SataII
CASE - Antec Nine Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case
GRAPHICS - Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (AGP) - Retail
RAM - G.Skill 2GB DDR2 NQ PC2-6400 (2x1GB) CAS5 Dual Channel Kit
DRIVES - Samsung SH-182MRSMN 18x18 DVD±RW Dual Layer Lightscribe ReWriter (Beige,Black,Silver) - Retail

Now finally the current motherboard i have is the Asrock ConroeXFire-eSATA2 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard but i was advised to get either of these two - Asus P5B (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard OR Gigabyte GA_965P_DS3 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Ive also looked at the DS4 which seems to be a good motherboard, but i would like some help with deciding out of these mobos please!

Also the other thing i need help with is stuff like thermal compound which is the best and if i will need a CPU cooler or not, plus which one if i do.

I use Arctic Silver as thermal compound,and of course you will need a CPU cooler.Your setup looks good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom