New Comp Won't WORK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezerguy187

Baseband Member
Hello, I am getting what sounds like a long beep, and then two quick beeps on the number 26 on boot up, but then goes to FF, which apparently is a good thing. Is it normal to have beeps on number 26? My screen is blank, and never shows anything. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thanks!

Need some more info on your system what have you got. Also Im not follwimg the number 26.

When you say 26 are you talking about the numbers that show up on the mobo on POST? I have a 680i that has that and It beeped on the first power up. You should try looking up the number 26 in manual or on the internet and see what error is occurring if what I think is true. I'm posting this from my 680i comp. and it is showing FF at the moment, so FF isn't the problem. Make sure your screen is connected properly and you have power to your screen. Also make sure your video card is seated correctly.

Well If the screen is working on post and then cuts out try to start in safe mode F8 upon booting till the safe menu comes up. If that works do a last known good configuration.

Can you please be a bit more specific? eg. does your monitor work at all? and what are you talking about when you say 26? On most BIOS one long and two short beeps means a display adapter problem. But yours might be different, so whats ur BIOS?
If you could get a screen shot that would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom