minor comp probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyrodog783

Baseband Member
well built my computer finally, but there are a few slight problems with it. First, the monitor only gets a signal half the time i turn my pc on(i must then restart and it always works on the second time) second, the front mic and headset plugs don't work.and the third just started today, all my icons on my desktop have a grey outline/box to them. If you know the causes of any of these problems please post.

thanks...

What video card do you have, or is it onboard?
Are the drivers for the front sound and mic installed?
And finally, what is your motherboard model no.?

I have a BFG 7600gt, not sure if the drivers are installed, my soundcard is installed and sound works..., and im not sure what the model number was

when you go to Device Manager are there any yellow question marks on any device?
to me sound like the mic and the headset are plugged in wrong thats why its causing ur computer not to POST it might be causing a short circuit somewere

About your grey outlines got to: Control Panel > System > Advance > Performance .... now check if all the boxes are checked marked, if not then check mark them all.

yes there are 2 explamation points on 2 things, the one is : PCI device and the second is : nVidia WDM Video Capture (universal)

reinstall your chipset driver (CD that came with the motherboard) and download
the new Driver for your video card: Windows XP/2000 32-bit

remember:
first uninstall the old Nvidia driver ,restart the computer install the new driver i posted , restart computer again. and the nVidia WDM Video Capture (universal) exclamation mark will go away

the PCi device is probably your headset\mic without a driver. so once your positive the headset\mic is properly installed reinstall the chipset driver i already mentioned up

yea when I click on the link and download it and the setup manager starts to download it says that,,, also how would i uninstall my old driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom