Mid ranged monster setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phase-Six

In Runtime
Case:Im thinking about getting some paint and taping off all the holes and stuff and making it look 1337 on the outside.
8-Bay Screwless ATX Case w/o Power Supply (Beige) MM-3752-00 MM-3752-00

Cpu: im using my sempron amd at 1.8 ghz and im sure that can be overclocked just a tad :p.

Mobo: Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Well since on my old system I have 730 some mb of ram I decided I need to step away from the ghetto walmart mobos and just get this one with 3 ram slots. And it has a PCI Express x16 slot so im good to go. btw I have ddr ram atm so this will work out.

Ram : last christmas my grandfather gave me 2x 512s of ram and I had a 256 outta my emachine and since the mobo has 3 slots im sure this will be of good use. Newegg.com - Kingston 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM ECC Registered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Server Memory - Retail

psu : outta my Raidmax gaming case that I bought there was a 500 w ps so I was like okay ill see if this thing is legit and put it in the computer I'm using right now.

Hard drive: Ima uber clear all the crap outta of it and just start fresh.

dvd/cd drive: Gotta love my emachine compy from wally world for 200$ it has this cover on it to match the case Ill just take the cover off and put the new cases front on it and it will fit right in.

Video card: Im getting a decent one from my friend for free next week I believe and I think its a good deal.

The reason i want a new set up is my emachines is gay and wont let me put both 512s in the mobo and it just messes up. Yes Ive tried bios but my mobo's bios doesnt have the memory thing. With the new mobo the one guy said he had to change some stuff on it to make some of his work so im sure it has it. Just making sure but is the ram and this mobo gonna work out? Im pretty sure it will because the specs for them and the mobo look like it.

So there you have it cheap and decent for taking it to lan parties and playing cs:s and since im going with windows xp I wont need to worry about how much ram I have :p.

Feel free to post oppinions.

mid-ranged monster? plz, but i'm not good with AMD mobo's but a biostar tforce939 or dfi lanparty may do?

Only use that Power supply if its a topower or tagan series. Those are the only good models raidmax has.

And its doubtful that you do because they usually aren't sold with cases.

well mabey the link for the memory I put down is for server memory but im using one of them right now in my computer.

well mabey the link for the memory I put down is for server memory but im using one of them right now in my computer.

The fact that it's server memory doesn't mean you can't use it. It just means you won't really extract any benefits from it (unless your computer handles thousands of communication threads 24/7). It's also more expensive than regular memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom