Question about video card, step up program!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmammen

Self Proclaimed Immortal
I have a 7900GS that i just purchased a week ago, from EVGA. I love it and it works great. But, what i am wondering is should i SLI two 7900GS's or use the step up program to get an 8800GTS 640mb. Which would benefit me more for future games and especially Crysis when it comes out? Obviously, Crysis will run DX10, but would two 7900GS's be worth the money??
thanks in advance,
Hunter

i would definitely go with the dx10 8800gts 640mb it will be better then 2 7900gs's plus more eye candy :)

Agreed, go with the 8800gts (320mb version for lower resolutions and 640mb version for higher resolutiongs like 1600x1050). I upgraded from a 7900gs at the beginning of this year and it is a big step forward. The 7900gs is a good budget card and i still have myn and plan to use it in a lan build if i make enough money for the other parts, but the 8800gts is amazing. I could even tell my system was faster with the new graphics card (i know it shouldn't effect regular use that much but i can diffenetly tell a difference in boot time and multitasking). Gaming is amazing too (of course :p). Playing supreme commander (the most demanding game out right now i think) on high settings with 4x anti-antialiasing. Great card if you can't afford the very expensive 8800gtx.

step up sucks.
you pay 25% more than the egg. you wait 3 weeks for your new card. which means...if you have no spare card, you're SOL. cos you have to send the step up card to them 1st.
2 7900gs in sli is pretty freakin good.
if you want to go 8800, sell your 7900 on ebay and put the money towards a better card.
although, i am hard pressed to think of a better card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom