Random In-Game Restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orbb

Solid State Member
Hello,

I have a very, very strange problem with my Computer...
When I am in games the computer decides to restart! It does not go in to the desktop or anything, it just restarts... No I don't have the sasser virus before you ask :p .
I have a ASUS A7V8X-X which has AGP 8X and a GeForce 4 Ti which is AGP 4x... Could this be conflicting?
My AMD Athlon XP2500 is normally runs at 59c (Rubbish Heatsink compound), would this be a problem?

Thanks,
Orbb

PS!
My setup is in my sig

I have that kind of problem and personnally think I dont have enough system power. Could be the same with you or some software issue. I doubt the video card would cause a problem.

Well, is not the AGP problem. Bcosz AGP8X is compatible with AGP4x, just the speed slower only.
Can u explain more on the restart? the screen Got show u warning or anything?

nop... no warning... UNLESS if I go Properties on My Computer > Advanced > Startup and Recovery > Setings > unclick auto restart

It comes up with a blue page with a load of crap on

AndrewtheGreat said:
Get all the software updates possible, and by the way what game(s) does this happen in?

Command and Conquer Generals, and Battlefield Vietnam.

I have all the updates

It may be the drivers for something. I remember everytime I started aol my computer would restart, and it ended up being drivers for my wireless internet adaptor. I'd assume it might be your video card drivers or some other conflicting ones. Do you have Windows XP? If so, do you get the error reporting when it boots up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom