RAM: Corsair XMS2 2GB (2x1GB)
GPU: EVGA GeForce 8800GTX
Primary HDD: Western Digial Raptor X 150GB 10,000RPM
Secondary HDD: Western Digital Caviar 250GB 7,200RPM
CPU Cooler: Zalman 9700
PSU: Silverstone 750W Modular

Total: $1,887.94
(excluding case)

Only thing left is the case. I currently own the Antec P180 Black, but the front panel became busted when I dropped it carrying it up the stairs from a LAN one day. It still works, hence the current PC components I have are still inside and intact, although I had to replace the PSU. No worries, I went ahead and bought the PSU I listed above so I'm a step ahead I guess in buying the new rig. I digress.

Whatever the case is (no pun intended), I'm looking at either buying another P180B, the Cooler Master Stacker 832, or the Lian-Li V1200BPlus II

Thoughts? (on everything, mainly the case though, I think the parts are fine)

That looks like an awesome system, you got going. I think people will suggest G. Skill ram, because of it's overclocking capabilities. Not saying Corsair is a bad company. Also, if you want to save some money...drop the raptor, and get a second Western 250GB, then RAID them...because it will be equal or faster than the raptor, and you get tons more of space. The P180B and V1200BPlus II are mid towers. And since you are getting an 8800GTX, it's either going to be a tight fit or won't fit at all. So that Cooler Master Stacker 832 is a nice choice for a full tower. A little pricey, but it looks like you got the money.

For the memory I would suggest either one of these G. Skills:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
or
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

I was kind of leaning towards the Cooler Master 832 anyways, that thing is huge and is awesome with all it's features. I saw a video review and it definitely made me favor it. It's quite different just reading specs and actually seeing every little detail on a video.

I think I will go through with some G Skill, it's the same price or less than the corsair and better timings. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm kind of wondering what to do about the rumors of the 8800GTX Ultra. Apparently it'll be an over clocked version of the GTX. Normally buying things overclocked stock isn't worth the money (extremely overpriced), so I might be best off buying 8800GTX and overclocking it myself.

Other than that I'm pretty happy with the build too. I was almost going to buy the quad core, but I just don't know if I want to dish out $800 for a processor just yet. When more come out and the price drops I might upgrade to one and just transfer all of this hardware, it should all still run fairly smooth even then.

I'll be sure to take pics for you guys too ;)
I'm buying LED's and LED fans for the case to make it all sexy, heh.

lol, either case... anyways.... no need for a kentsfield, ur e6600 can overclock to pwn a quad-core, its really not worth it, a conroe e6600 at 3.5 ghz is way better than a stinking kentsfield, RAID is way better than a stinking raptor X, cuz u get more performance and more room for a cheaper price (just back up often)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom