got a new e6300 need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

forscythe

Solid State Member
well i got given some new hardware i got a asus p5nsli, intel core duo e6300, and a nividia 7600gs, and a 1gb og kingston ram

well i managed to get it all together and install it computer boots yay! ok so well i check teh bios and what does it say...... it says im running an intel genuie proccessor at 466mhz, howerver in control panel it says im running e6300 (which is right) how comes this is happening?, i wanted to load up, run a few tests, and crack on with over clocking but the bios is confusing the **** out of me.

can any one suggest some help on how to get the bios to read my proccessor correctly, and where to start with over clocking as my motherboard book shows differnt to what the bios is actually showing

appreiciate any help guys! cheers

well ive managed to update the bios, it fixed the bios issue. but since ive just changed from a asrock motherboard im a bit lost on the asus motherboard the sub menus are all differnt, just so u no i have overclocked before so i do no roughly what to do, just need some help in the right direction

the problem is joshd is that im stuck where to go all these new sub heading names and its all a bit confusing thats why i was hopeing for a little help in the right direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom