Laptop question

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Astroman

Baseband Member
When a company sells u a notebook with a pre installed OS on it, do they sell you the disc to re install it? If you format the disc, how can you get the OS back on? Do they give you a serial key with which you can re-install Vista?

And what is a FIR port?

they send you a repair disc so that you can reformat and install windows aslong as the hdd configuration is close to what it was factory shipped as per example my acer laptop is 4 years old it has a 40gb hdd I just cram it with junk and then reformat every time serious performance boost but It shipped with a partition of 10gb for a D drive i used a partition editing software to change this to 500mb for files to transfer between reformats and added all the spare space to the C drive. Now whenever I reformat I get an error message saying blah blah blah incorrect hdd values but it still completes and reinstalls windows on the C leaving me with a completely clean comp and because I only format the C drive the D drive has all the files still left without any need for constant backup.

Matt

Sometiems you get a restore partition to reinstall the OS. Mostly now you have a Recovery Disc Creator program that you run through windows to create your restore discs. It takes a couple of hours and maybe 2 dvds to do it.

When a company sells u a notebook with a pre installed OS on it, do they sell you the disc to re install it? If you format the disc, how can you get the OS back on? Do they give you a serial key with which you can re-install Vista?

And what is a FIR port?

Pretty much EVERY laptop has an OS installed (unless you buy it off ebay or something)

I know dell give you the installation disc, but im not shure about other brands

Mine has a product key on it, i assume your trying to use the recovery disc to install vista on another system as well??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom