Holy crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
this ram seems amazing if these latensi's are actually what they clame to be and is considerably cheap for the performence

NCIX.com - Buy G.SKILL F2-6400CL4D-2GBHK PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL4-4-3-5 240PIN Dual Channel Memory Kit - F2-6400CL4D-2GBHK In Canada.

usually ddr2 runs at 4-4-4-12 if u get a good set and this is at 4-4-3-5

and compared to this set NCIX.com - Buy Crucial Ballistix PC2-5300 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-667 CL3-3-3-12 240PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit - BL2KIT12864AA663 In Canada.
the gskil looks alot better and alot cheaper

Those are the G.Skill HK's and yes they are possible. The HK's are AMAZING for the price and I would pick them up.

HOLY CRAP - You need a spell checker.

this ram seems amazing if these latensi's (latencies) are actually what they clame (claim) to be and is considerably cheap for the performence (performance).

I won't discuss grammar.

But yeah... those latensi's are SW337

Spellcheck.jpg

sorry stupid question...what do all those numbers mean? 4-4-3-5...how is that faster than 4-4-4-12?

actually not a stupid question, but a hard one to explain on a forum:
last two numbers (3, 5 -or- 4, 12 by your numbers above) are tRP (3, 4)and
tRAS (5, 12).
tRP is a little difficult to explain, but i linked a guide below that can get you started on what those numbers mean.
tRAS is (basically) the delay between memory access. so if your tRAS is 5, it has a shorter time that it has to wait to begin the next command compared to 12.

timings were pretty confusing to me before i started reading up a lot on them, but htis little guide will give you the basics:
A Guide to Memory Timing

so, yeah those timings are muy bien
i can get my corsair down to 4-4-3-8 1T...
dont think it will go any lower, but watch me try.

Yes it does but the spell checker is an idiot:

1. It doesn't change i into a capital just suggests random words like pi mi ii
2. The dictionary is pre-set too English but if you go to the website they offer English (Australian), English (British) and English. I was sure that the British you know the small island (which were the only European nation to completely resist the German war machine) which about 150 years ago owned 1/3 of the world invented English
3. Britain in a strict sense no longer exists as the British empire is now the commonwealth we are the United Kingdom now unbeknown to many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom