Q: Vista RC2 expiration...

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
Hi Folks...

Q: Vista RC2 expires sometime in May right? What happens when it expires?

Since it works pretty much almost flawlessly I used it for my day to day computing since building my new pc last year. So I have a bucketload of things I would need backed up.

I have been planning on getting the Ultimate addition and of course an external harddrive.

I leave for vacation in the same month Vista RC2 expires (assuming May) so was wanting to hold of on that until after I come back. But do I need to back up now? Will Vista RC2 cease to boot up at all or fully to allow me access to files?

Thanks...laters!

You will need to back up now. Once the timebomb hits you will not be able to access Vista at all. Plus you can not just upgrade from the Beta to the final version you have to actually format and install the final. There is no upgrade from the Beta version.

yeah, I knew about the upgrade paths and limitations :) That's why I needed to buy an external for the back ups. Time to go buy that ext hd and vista ultimate. woo

yeah, I knew about the upgrade paths and limitations :) That's why I needed to buy an external for the back ups. Time to go buy that ext hd and vista ultimate. woo

buy premium and save a lot of money. if you want ultimate's just borrow somebody else and enter your serial

u can use the same key for the real version? ooh that may come in handy lol! the thing is i got it from rc1 is the keys the same then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom