Cheap computer for my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats wrong with dell? why are people always hating on them. they offer good quality computers. if he doesnt need the computer for gaming or encoding or something of that sort, getting a pre-built would probably be the way to go. it would be cheaper and he wouldn't have to deal with a RMA if need be. internet...e-mail, no way a dell could handle that?

whats wrong with dell? why are people always hating on them. they offer good quality computers. if he doesnt need the computer for gaming or encoding or something of that sort, getting a pre-built would probably be the way to go. it would be cheaper and he wouldn't have to deal with a RMA if need be. internet...e-mail, no way a dell could handle that?

There is nothing wrong with Dell...My cousin has a couple of them and they are great for simple applications.

Dell is a good company, but it is much more fun to build one :)

Nothing's wrong with Dell in particular it's just that if you are on a low budget, building your own gives you far superior parts for the same amount of cash, or the same parts for 30% cheaper. Still they aren't any different from any other pre-built.

dell use slightly cheaper parts to maximise profits they are great for anyone who wants a computer which will just sit there and browse. the so called xps top of the line series is a rip off I built my rig for £1.467 an a little time researching parts................ Dell website gave me the same rig minus some hdd space and the graphics card with a 7 series instead of 8, But i got a monitor (which i didnt want), a Set of Speakers (which i dont need) and a warranty for the grand total of £2,650 ooooo decisions decisions

Matt

Case: Cooler Master Centurion 5
Mobo: ASUS M2NPV-VM Socket AM2
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
RAM: Corsair XMS2 1GB (2x512MB)
GPU: EVGA 7600GT 256MB
HDD: Western Digital Caviar 250GB 7,200RPM SATA
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster 7.1
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 430W

Total: $600.94

Honestly you don't need that video card so you can get a cheaper one to do the job if you want to get closer to $500. Otherwise he would be extremely satisfied if he only uses it for email, web browsing, music, ect. In fact you could drop to a single core processor to lower the price on the mobo, CPU, and RAM to push this case under $500 (maybe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom