P5W + Vista Audio Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrod

In Runtime
Got every other bug worked out, and now it's the **** audio lol. Tried every port and I can't get my old speakers to work with it, they're Boston Digitals from 2000. I plugged in some headphones to see if the audio was working at all, but the headphones only would get sound on the left side. So I tried a different pair thinking it might be the headphones. Same thing. Anybody know how to fix this?

Btw, I have the latest BIOS and P5W audio drivers.

Hello,

Make sure the you have Windows Vista audio drivers for your audio device installed.

Also, have you tried going through Speaker Setup in Windows Vista?

...If not, then go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Manage audio devices (under Sound) > Click on the playback device in the list > Click Configure on the bottom left. Follow the steps.

I already downloaded and installed the vista audio drivers off of the Asus P5W site. I'll give the Speaker Setup a try.

Tried that. There aren't really any 'steps' you just choose what type of speaker arrangement you have. Did that and still no sound :-\

i have that board, im sure if i remember that you have the option on the board to change the hd audio to vista to be compatible, that may be the issue

P.S sorry i cnt reboot and check im rendering

Haha, sorry Stevo. Don't freak out too much, it's working well other than the sound problem. Headphones now work though, and the speaker problem might be because they're digital instead of analog? I wonder if I switch my sound card over from my old comp...it has a digital output...

Yeah it was set to Vista mode, that was the first thing I did :) Tried a different set of speakers today and it worked, so every thing's good now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom