:::Western Digital VS Maxtor::: The AntiFlamable

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag3

Fully Optimized
Who do u prefer???

The reason I ask, is because I had a Maxtor HDD, and it went up in flames FOR NO REASON. I lost $10, 000 worth of software and all of my files.

I think I am going to avoid Maxtor for now on as I NEVER had any problems with Western Digital. Anyone else have problems like this? Which of the two do u prefer? And why? Any difference?

lol... i had all of the software backed up as disk images... and when a few days before I was going to copy them all... Sparks, fire, and lots of smoke.

i think you are over-exagerating. $10,000 worth of software, whatever. you didn't keep installation CD's? if it's warez that does not count. even if you had the best pr0n in the world it is not worth 10 grand. call up maxtor its still under warranty. at least they will replace it for you

It was about $10, 000 give or take. I got all of my software from a friend. He had the retail cds for programs like:
Adobe Creative Suite
3DS Max 5
Maya 5 Unlimited
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects 6.5
... And a lot more. He moved away, so now I lost them all. :(

P.S.: I would send the HDD to Maxtor, but the disk is still in tact and has lots of confidential information. So I guess I have to buy a new one!

software that you never owned means you didn't lose $10,000. if that's worth $10,000 I must have $50,000 worth of software than. i have all of the ones you listed

yeah, I guess you are right. I didn`t loose $10, 000. I was just indicating the total value to what I lost because of some stupid defect.

hate to estimate all the $$ in music and software I have esp' if I had to pay for it..hehehe....but to get back to question at hand, I much prefer Western Digital. I have had this 100gig for three years and absolutely no probs. A friend of mine has a Maxtor and he had bookoo probs just getting it to use the full 80gigs. I don't want to have to go thru a world of crap just to try to get my $$$ worth out of my gigs I paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom