8800GTX Superclocked Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexinator

In Runtime
I have two of these in my cart right now, wondering if I should buy them.. I wouldn't mind paying $50 just for the bragging rights, since I have that to throw around anyways, but I also don;t want to have to underclock them. They'll be with a C2D E6600 with G.Skill 2x1GB on an Asus 680i. I was actually hoping to OC them even more.. Any insights?

Why would you UNDERCLOCK them? That makes no sense. You do not need SUPERCLOCKED since the standard EVGA card will OC way past the superclocked version. If you don't mind paying 50 bucks for nothing then go ahead, but I will bet you that the standard and that one will end up maxing out around the same speeds.

Well, I'm reading all these reviews that had problems with artifacts in 3D games, and a lot of people saying how the superclocks have problems..

Scratch that, with pretty much any EVGA brand video card.. Should I go with another brand?

I kind of like EVGA's KO version, which has a 2000 MHz speed (effective) for the RAM which would allow me to clock even further beyond the pre-overclocked 626MHz core clock, especially with the advanced cooling system on it, wouldn't it?

I went with two of these, And they're nice! I'm happy I did. But if your going to over clock why buy the KO's?

The only reason I went with the over clocked verison's is Vista don't have any program that will allow me to over clock them. :( Yet anyway.
But yes the ACS3 cooling system is nice, And does help but really not worth the extra money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom