Is this possible to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivy

Baseband Member
I want that left green start button to be written in Hindi, but I do not want the entire operating system to be in Hindi, only that start button(don't ask). Is this possible?

Yes there are ways to redo the start button. It is just part of the UXTheme. I dont know off hand how to do it but i will get some answers for you and post them.

Download this:

http://www.our-picks.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/resourcehack.zip

So, download the ZIP archive, extract it and run “ResHacker.exe” from inside the archive. Click File, then OPEN, then point out your ‘explorer.exe' in your Windows directory.
A browsing tree should open with the menus on the left. Click on String Table and you will see some numbers. Expand 37 (or 38) and click on “1033″. You should see a quoted line in the right window, that says: 578,”start”. You can make the desired change for 37 and 38 as well. So, replace the “start” between the quotes with whatever you want it to display, then click “Compile script”.
Now, all you have to do is restart your computer, or simply log off and back on. The start button will display the chosen text.

If you can't overwrite explorer.exe, save the file to “explorer2.exe” for example, in C:\Windows (or whatever your Windows directory is), then you'll have to tweak up the Registry to accept the settings.
Go to Start, click Run and enter “regedit” in the text box. Push Enter, then browse through the tree up to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows NT -> CurrentVersion ->Winlogon. Check out the list, and you'll have a “Shell” entry mentioning “explorer.exe”. Change it to “explorer2.exe” and reboot/logoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom