High End Cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly dude you need to stop with the "higher the price better the quality idea" that so many people have

first off 2 8800GTX's is a total overkill
both of those sets of ram are complete rip offs

go with one gtx and some 180 dollar g skill DDR2 800 that i promise will work flawlesly

SLI 8800GTX is only overkill on certain res. If he has like a 30 inch dell screen or a 37 inch LCD tv then SLI is fine. I don't have a problem with SLI 8800GTX if you have the money as one can't run certain res at high.

As for the ram it is dumb to spend that much as it's not tons better at all.

You do NOT need Liquid cooling to overclock...I was a noob overclocker and I have an 80% OC on my E6300 with a cheaper cooler.

But you can really mess up your comp ocing, if it get over heated and ****s up the mobo and everything on it, as much cash as ive got i cant afford to but two 6 grand macihnes. anotherthing is ocing lowers the lifespan of your cpu, i dont even kno if i want to do that...

First off...if you mess up your computer OC'ing at this day and age you should not be building your own computer as the only people who fry chips are retards who set their Vcore to insane amounts. Next, In an expensive build like that your cooling will end being very very good anyway so heat won't be too much of a problem. Next the average CPU chip lasts 12-13 years and OC'ing constantly will shorten the lifestan to say 8-9? It's nothing to be worried about as how many people still use chips from 98-99 lol, and if they do they are just to cheap to spend 35 bucks on a better one.

Overclocking if completely safe as long as you are not retarded and ask for help.

Actually their meant to last for 10 years so bout 6 years if you oc heavily, of course thats not the point the point is you can really mess up your hardware plus i dont really wanna play around and oc i'd rather just buy it at a higher ghz because im not one of those people that oc's alot i just buy the comp an game heavily

Well you could buy the X6800 for $950 bucks but I'd love how I would be beating you with my $180 E6300....it's just stupid not to OC a little I think but to each his own.

you really cant hurt any hardware by overclocking
if you messed with the vcore bad enought he only thing you would mess up is your cpu, and impretty sure that your cpu will automatically hshut itself off before you would be able to do that

honestly there is no reason not to oc a core 2 its harmless and it wont cut the life span down by that much, if it dies before you are planning on buying a new cpu i will personally pay for it

chances are in about 4-5 years you will probably be looking to upgrade with the way that technoogy moves, so the whole cutting life span down argument is BS

All C2D's are manufactured with the though of every one being an X6800 but due to quality control the ones that run hotter are just underclocked and sold as a lower chip. This means that all have the same Technology and can all reach the same FSB in the end. The X6800 has an unlocked multiplier but you get higher FSB with a lower multi therefore making it useless. You will max out around the same as an E6600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom