Help choosing psu b4 buying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

magezzz

Baseband Member
This is what I expect to build very soon, after a couple of money delays, I'm ready to get this thing built soon.

----------------------------------------------------------
Arctic Silver 5
Corsair XMS2 Dominator 2x1GB
2 Samsung DVD-R Drives
E6600
Zalman CNPS9700NT
Thermaltake VA8000
SeaSonic 550W
eVGA Nforce 680I
ASUS 8800GTX
150GB Western Digital Raptor 16Mb
----------------------------------------------------------

-About G7 mouse, would the 2.4Ghz frequancy interfere with a 2.4Ghz cordless phone ?

-I want to change the psu to something that can run 2 8800GTX's when I decide to SLI, suggestions ?

-And tell me what your thoughts on my build are, thx in advance.

-Since im in canada, the difference from a normal 2x1GB RAM to Dominator is only 50 bucks so decided to go with that.

Your setup is very nice. If you are looking for a beefier PSU, I'm running an OCZ GameXtreme 700W and it has given me no problem or instability whatsoever. I'm not running SLI or Crossfire because of my mobo, but all the reviews I see on newegg are great for this PSU. Everything else looks good. People might be against you buying that RAM, but I'm using 2x1GB of Corsair Dominator DDR2 800 too and it's all good.

First off, SLI sucks and is not worth it but whatever.

Second dominatore doesn't suck but just isnt worth it at all. Get the G.Skill Hz's which are much cheaper but will still offer the same performance in the end.

**** fanboys...

Seasonic makes great power supplies That 550w should run everything fine for ya, but i would highly reccomend going for the higher wattage model of it. Look at it this way.

You can buy a 550W psu now for like 140 and while it will handle the latest of todays hardware for like 180 you can get the 700W, so in the end you dont have to buy a new psu when you upgrade.

I was running my 500W seasonic with an a64 and a 7800gt, before anyone used 500W psu's. Now it runs my c2d and x1900xt fine.

But yeah, ocz, g.skill, and corsair make great ram, and seasonic makes great psu's. And if i remember correctly, they also make some of antecs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom