High End Cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quad cores are not worth it as they are right now actually the same speed as a Dual-core. You COULD get one I guess but they aren't perfected yet so you would just find yourself buying another quad later down the road. Most boards that support dual-core support Quad core however. Still for now get an E6600 and overclock the **** out of it.

How will the Fastest CPU out bottleneck them? Also WOW those are good ram and the fastest clocked but OVERKILL and I will tell you why.

a Core 2 Duo works best at I believe 4-3-3-5. With a C2D you want Cas 4 ram with good timings after. Those dominators will easily Hit Cas 3 but that's not where you need to be. In the end I guess i'm saying the dominators are very very fast but cheaper ram will offer the same performance due to it doesnt matter. That's like having a 1000w PSU and then a 700w psu....you haven't taped all the power yet. Still I believe those dominator are the fastest out but it won't matter anyway.

I think theres barely any bottleneck, between the e6600 and 8800GTXs. Overclocking will take care of this.

Once again any of that ram will work but I'm telling you that it will be overkill since 100 cheaper ram will offer the same exact performance.

Here is a great set of ram:

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

They have d9 chips and will take the e6600 pretty far even if you had phase change cooling.

Two 8800gtx's would be pretty nice but overkill is an understatement with two 8800gtx's. But its your money, and your system would be future proof for a WHILE. Just make sure you get a 680i board and not a 650i board cause you want the best performance if your going all out. Also, an overclocked e6600 (even at stock) would not bottleneck two 8800gtx's.

Oh yeah i don't know if anyone mentioned after all this overclocking talk but make sure you get a good cpu cooler (like the scythe ninja or zalman 9500) with a tube of artic silver 5 for the best possible overclock (on air of course :p).

i could go liquid cooling, wat do you guys suggest?
(am im a noob oc'er so i need a hella good liquid coolin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom