water cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

baron5

Fully Optimized
hey,

i was going to get a bigwater 735 water cooling system to cool my case down so i could oc m e6600 to like 3.2 or 3.4. but then i heard that this isnt a very good water cooling system?

should i get the 735 or something esle?

unless you're looking to spend a load of money on a really good quality system just go ahead and use real nice case, in a ventillated area, with a bunch of fans.

Petra's Tech Shop

find one that fits your budget

And, "Water cooling isnt a good idea for your PC....", Water cooling is by far an excellent way to cool your computer without usign exotic methods such as phase change and ln2. As long as your not a total dipwad when it comes to putting it together, youll never have any problems with it. Ive been running my loop for more than a year now, and i havent had any issues with it leaking or anything else of the sort.

-aspire

and yes, i am the site water cooling guru :p

Petra's Tech Shop

find one that fits your budget

And, "Water cooling isnt a good idea for your PC....", Water cooling is by far an excellent way to cool your computer without usign exotic methods such as phase change and ln2. As long as your not a total dipwad when it comes to putting it together, youll never have any problems with it. Ive been running my loop for more than a year now, and i havent had any issues with it leaking or anything else of the sort.

-aspire

and yes, i am the site water cooling guru :p
haha. it's just he doesn't really seem to know much from his first question and the way that the question was posed, and using fans is always safe. Besides if you're running a system that's OCed so much that it needs watercooling over fans then my hats off to you.

Well, I run my e6600 at 3.6ghz 24/7 and my X1900Xt is a venerable space heater even when its not overclocked 250mhz core/500mhz ram

Without water cooling I was having horrendous instability problems after I purchased my new case.

And nowadays, there are some air cooling solutions that rival the cost of a low end water cooling kit...

I.e. the Zalman 9700

what is a good kit i could get for about 150 or isnt that enough plus if its better could i make my own for that price

No I am the watercooling guru!! ... :) (j/k aspire, I know you have had that name copyrighted for a while now) As aspire said, it is not real hard to put a good loop together that will not give you problems. Especially if you just want to cool your cpu. I'm sure whatever aspire recommends will be good for your budget. The site he recommends is fantastic as well but of course shop around. Watercooling really is the way to go to maximize your your oc without getting into the uber cooling methods. Have Fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom