Graphics Card compatible with my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

test dummy

Solid State Member
Ok, Well Im trying to get my PC to play CounterStrike source and all those other online games good. Now I asked some questions on here before and learned the problems I was having was with my RAM and My Graphics card. I bought more RAM Today but that only helped a little bit. I have only 17 Frames Per Second on Counterstrike source so it looks like its lagging kinda but its actually not. I Have A Dell Dimension DESKTOP 5150. Now I was looking inside and I think that the Card was built right into the computer itself. I was wondering if I could just buy a Graphics card and just put it in and will it work? Also what card is going to fit my computer but be good for gaming? If you need to know anything about the PC ill try and help you out but I do not know so much about PC's. Thanks!!!

Yes, you'll be able to put in a new video card, but we'll need to know what kind of expansion ports are on the inside of your machine - PCI, AGP, or PCI-E. Your manual should be able to help, as well as peering inside your machine and looking, then consulting the internet.

nah acually, he has 1 PCI-Express slot ready to use.
A nvidia 7600GT or ATI x1650 should be enough to play counter strike

Hmm, surprising.

A 7600GT will be more than enough to run Counter Strike. It used to run fine on my FX 5700 :)

Can someone poin me in the right direction to the video card I need. I went to newegg and typed in nvidia 7600GT and it came up with a couple of different cards. I will try to take a picture of the slot for it tommorow and Ill look for the manual. Thanks.

Here is a picture but Im guessing that the EVGA 7600GT you reccomended will work.

computer009.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom