Packing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubel

In Runtime
(Without getting into the politics of concealed carrying or a second amendment debate)

Does anyone here have a concealed pistol license? I'm considering getting my Michigan CPL soon along with a .38 special +p for out-of-home personal protection. I know this is a lifestyle commitment, and I'm wondering if there's anyone out there with any advice.

I'll try to keep that in mind ;).

I'm actually more concerned about being shot (by someone else) while I'm drawing on them. Revolvers have an annoying tendency to get snagged on clothes, pant pockets, etc... since they have exposed hammers. And having a snag while drawing for my life could be rather unpleasant.

Realistically, for personal protection, wouldnt a small pistol do the job? I would think a smaller gun would do the job, it is not like you need to kill the person, rather just disable their ability to harm you.

That way, it would be easier to conceal, faster to fire, and probably a little quieter.

My knowledge of guns is limited to Counterstrike, but I would think that a revolver is overkill for personal protection.

You people and your guns lol... you wont belive what we have to go throught to get a pistol up here in canada.. you can't just walk donw the street and buy one.. then go about your busniess and take it where you want..lol.. i dont even want to explain the details.

If i were you id go with a 9mm double action, its cheap and is considered the a standard round. a .38 special has an awful lot of power behind it.. you may want to try one at a shooting range before you buy one... because the thing can blow your wrist off lol (sarcastily)

Getting a gun would only make things worse.

What if the other person is packin' heat too? You've got 2 people pointing guns at eachother. Where does it get you? nowhere.

It just gets someone shot.

OK, first I dont have a concealed weapons liscence, and 2 I have to get into the politics of it. Living in DC, I have to admit there is no reason why people need to be walking around, legally carrying hand guns. Protection my ***... i think handguns should be illegal and only law enforcement should be able to use them.... JMO

Getting a gun would only make things worse.

What if the other person is packin' heat too? You've got 2 people pointing guns at eachother. Where does it get you? nowhere.

It just gets someone shot.

Thats true..it would only make the situation more dangerous..Nobody would need to carry a handgun if they knew how to talk down a situation.

If some guy comes up to you and demands your money, and hes packin heat i highly doute you, or any of us for that matter would have the guts to pull out our gun.. it would just make things worse.. you would be better giving him your $$ rather than risk getting shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom