Academic Version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cub1971

Baseband Member
Could someone please tell me what an "Academic Version" of software is..

Like Micro$haft Office 2007 Academic Version?

Does that mean that it can only be reinstalled on your system a limited number of times, or that it is without manuals or what?

Thanks.
Matt

Oh Sorry.

They said that the academic version should only be sold to students & teachers. They also said that it comes with 1 licence, and can only be used on 1 machine, but can be reinstalled on that machine multiple times.

Oh Sorry.

They said that the academic version should only be sold to students & teachers. They also said that it comes with 1 licence, and can only be used on 1 machine, but can be reinstalled on that machine multiple times.

I was just wondering because coincidentally i ordered an academic upgrade version of vista. I guess this means i can only use it on one computer though....

btw, I have a trial version of vista installed but my 30 days is up, does anyone know if i can just input my academic key and then activate it, without having to reinstall?

The student/teacher edition of Office2003 allows up to three computers to have/use it.

True, but the 2007 office scheme is different. Too mayn people were abusing the cheaper Student+Teacher edition and M$ made some changes. So now the Student version can be installed on 1 pc, while the new (and slightly more expensive) Home and Office version can be installed on 3. I don't believe either version comes with Outlook anymore, either.

The acedmic just means that it is used in schools and colleges. I work at a college and all the software we own is acedmic, but we use one cd to install on multiple machines because we have a licensing agreement with the compnaies it just means ur a student and it is cheaper than regular retail version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom