Build Troubles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrod

In Runtime
First off, I tried updating the BIOS. The board's a P5W Deluxe so I tried using EZ Flash with a USB drive, no luck! It kept checking different drives for a BIOS file and would find it on the USB but totally bypass it and recheck the other drives. So I decided to just install Windows and use one of the motherboard's programs to update the BIOS from inside Windows (asus update utility).

I put in the disc to install Vista. When it got to the part where you choose the OS drive I selected it and clicked 'Next' but it said "Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation." I have no clue why it would do that. The only thing I can think of would be that BIOS is seeing both SATA hd's as IDE's. Anyways, I kept trying to install it and on like the 6th time it worked.

In Vista I checked the computer profile and it only shows my Raptor hd though, the Seagate's not showing up. I'm confused why because it showed up in BIOS..

Also, after installing Vista I noticed when I turn the computer on it hangs on the motherboard BIOS page for a long time, then goes to another page before Windows even BEGINS to start up. Not sure why it isn't going straight into initializing Windows like this computer does..

Hopefully someone will be able to help cause since this is my first build it's kind of discouraging.

By board I meant the forum. The motherboard is working ok I believe. I think my problems were due to me being a noob :p

That and Vista being buggy. It wouldn't install at first because it didn't like my hd's, then for no apparent reason it worked after the 6th try or so. Now it all seems to be working fine, although I got some error earlier about CMOS checksum being bad after I updated bios. But it went away...for now. Maybe it's because I flashed the bios through an Asus utility in Windows instead of flashing from a floppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom