Is this Possible???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom118

Daemon Poster
Is there a chance that the tempeature reading of my cpu could be off??? I added a zalman 9500 with some AS5, and Asus pc probe and Hmonitor both say the idle temp is at 41 C,, however, the air coming out the back and the top of the case is accually very cool, and the heat sync around the fan is hardly even warm and I know the processor is getting good heat absortion to the heat sync. So is there any chance this could be wrong?

It can absolutely be wrong. In fact, almost everytime the temp read outs are wrong. Every program will give you a different reading. I'd go with an average of the programs and your Bios temps.

Hello,

41°C idle seems normal to me. Relatively cool even. If it were something like an average of 32°C idle before changing the heatsink however, then I would be a bit concerned.

Any ideas as to what the average temperature readings were during idle before you changed the heatsink?

Also, the majority of programs will just read the temperature from the processor's thermal diode. The same for the BIOS.

To add, it's always going to be hotter at the core of the CPU, than the exterior of the heatsink, or the air being exhausted from the CPU heatsink (because of convection and thermal conduction).

The idle temp before i added the heat sync was 53 degrees, and yes the bios displays the same tempeature as other programs.

What are the room temps, because that could make the air coming out seem relatively cool. And did you put too thick a layer of thermal grease because that could also throw it off. Or you could be getting a bad reading.

the temp in the room is usually 20-25 degrees C. No i dont think i put on to thick of a layer, I followed the instructions on the AS5 website and only put on a little dab of it.

Yea that's actually a good temp for a pentium D 3.2GHz. The single core pentiums clocked that high usually idle at 50*C or higher. You've got nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom