Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammybaines

Baseband Member
So it seems no one here would ever use the crossfire set-up - so think i will probably take the advice and invest in a SapphireX1950 PRO card instead of two smaller X1650 PRO cards, would everyone agree this is the right thing to do?

On another poitn if im using one of the X1950 Pro cards would it be worth getting a crossfire compatible CPU so that potentially in the future i could add another X1950 Pro card when funds are available, as surely it would give better graphics output than a single X1950 Pro card?

Yes, a single X1950PRO is the right thing to do, instead of two X1650PROs. And also by the time funds are available, there will be better graphic cards to choose from.

yeah i was thinking better cards will be available but surely two X1950 PRO cards would be better than one of the new cards that would be available? Maybe im just being an idiot.

The X1950PRO is in no way a slow card. When the new cards come out the 8600GTS will give it a run for its money in DX9, hard to say at this point how they will perform due to no benchmarks for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom