high cpu temps, help, 53-60 celcius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil4915

Baseband Member
What should I do? I just put the computer together yesterday. I ordered all the parts from mwave.com and paid 9 extra bux for them to install the heatsink onto the processor. Setup is an Amd Athlon XP2800+ 333fsb with an EPoX EP-8RDA3+ mobo. The temperature range is an average of 50-53 with a high of 60. What should I do? btw, my case temp is 27 celcius

My friend recommended I get a new heatsink as I already have 4 fans in the comp(2 exhaust, 2 in). He recommended the Thermaltake Volcano12. Also should I buy some arctic silver 5 for the compound? Gimmie your suggestions please. And keep them in the price range of aroudn 30-40 or less please :)

Thanks,
Ryan

Couldn't agree better with your friend. My chip is running hot right now, but it's because it's the summer time yada yada... But my high is roughly 58-60c which sickens me =(
I have a V12+ also along with the as5, and that will work great, promiss =)

Pentium or AMD etc...?

Well do you have a Pentium or an AMD etc? I had an AMD and it ran much hotter than my current Pentium!! I suggest you contact the people you bought it. They owe you the service since it hasn't been a while- and if it's defective or something then they should refund you! Hope you get it figured out man.

-Eric

that's normal temperature. it might be something simple as you not using enough thermal paste or you have cables running everywhere blocking the airflow insde your case. if you have a thermal pad on the heatsink than scrape it off and use paste. many stock AMD XP heatsinks have grey pads on them. I know the retail XP2500+ does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom