ASUS P5B Deluxe
E6300
Seagate 7200.10 400Gb
Antec 900
OCZ Gamestream 600
Evga 7900 GS @ 600/1498
Arctic Cooling freezer pro
Crucial Ballistix 2x1Gb 667 33312

I built the system in Nov. originally with Crucial 10th Annv. ram. Had the system stable at 3.22 @1.41275 volts with the ram at 920 @2.25 volts - 16 hours dual prime stable. Temps were fine - 34C idle, 64C load. The ram took a crap after 2.5 months. RMA'ed to Crucial and got the Ballistix about a month ago. I had it running "stable" at 3.15 @1.4 volts , 900 @2.25 volts. I say stable because i found the program OCCT [H]ard|Forum - Search Results and used it instead of prime. It "was stable." After a day i got an irq not equal bsod. I ignored because i didn't install any new hardware. Finally I took everything back down to stock speeds - cpu @ 1.86 and ram @ 667. Then yesterday i got a NtFS.sys bsod. It went through the mem dump and reboot. Everything appeared fine so I shut it down. I tried to start it a couple hours late and no post. It doesn't beep and acts like it did when the ram died the first time. I am not sure two sticks of ram would die at stock speeds and volts or not. Did the cpu fail? I don't have a way to test the ram. Everyone I know has DDR not DDR2 and the pc shop around here are the same way. Anything sound like the culprit? HHEELLP!!

I tried each stick in each dimm individually. No go. I think it is probably the RAM but with the OC on the cpu flaking on me, I wasn't sure.

I just tried to start her up with no ram installed. It did the same thing as when the ram is in. I guess it's the mobo. Any other ideas? I don't want to RMA the mobo if it's not the problem.

Its really hard to tell between mobo ram and CPU when you don't have replacements to test with kinda like a crap shoot.

Well I tried the ram one more time. It started and is working fine at stock speeds. I am confused.

Remember that RAM issues are most of the times intermittent, which might explain why now your PC started. Did you run Memtest86 yet? Besides that, try switching with a good known stick...I know somebody else suggested that already, I'm just insisting on the subject so you can rule out memory issues. Post back with results or more info. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom