e6300, 3.7GHz for $300

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammytheman

In Runtime
Hey fellas my buddy is selling me a e6300 running at 3.7GHz for $300Canadian. Should I take it? Now I don't know what mobo and 2gig ram to get to make sure it will run stable. He claims that he has tested it for 36 hours straight with no problems. That is faster than the best stock intel CPU

They cost 180 USD... so you're paying about 100 dollars more after converison for something that anyone can do? Overclocking is not worth that money, he didnt' do anything special to make it stable.

You can't however guarentee that you will get a chip that will reach 3.7GHz. Along with once you get that CPU, you can't guarentee that your MB and RAM will be able to run at the bus speeds required.

If you wanted to get it, tell him $250 and you have a deal. (About the same price for a new one on ncix with shipping.)

e6300 new is 243 canadian. plus tax and shipping. 300 really isnt worth it. better off buying a brand new one for less. your buddy isnt really your buddy.

No way. Get an E6400 for the same price. Or even better an E4300 if you like to OC with it's 9x multiplier you can get it alot higher w/o worrying about your RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom