Alternative to iTunes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmidt1989

Baseband Member
Is there any alternative program i can use to put and delete songs on my iPod? My friend gave me his old iPod mini and it works fine but itunes is ****ed up. Whenever i try to put songs on(about 200), it puts some of them on totally randomly(around 80) and then comes up with an error saying it cannot find the correct file or something like that. Its a 6GB by the way. And then if i try to add song later it either does nothing, or it overwirites whats currently on there with the new song(s). So i would like a new program and i will never buy an apple product for the rest of my life. theres no reason they couldnt have stuck with the regular drag and drop files into folder method. ive had loads of MP3 players in the past and im not a computer dummy. but this is like the most confusing and frusterating thing ever. i worked on this problem from 4pm-1am yesterday, and didnt get any farther. in fact this is my second time typing this because after submitting the post (while the internet was still loading) my internet decided to kick out. thanks time warner. but hey im sorry for the language and me being so long but this is really grinding my gears.

yes trust me its very annoying i know.....but its marketing for them....if people can ONLY use itunes....then they have to buy songs from itunes as well

God **** it apple....why can't you be more like MS

there are ways to make your ipod drag and drop,

rockbox.org is one firmware you can use (completely different interface, but i like it much much better than the original ipod firmware, OTG playlist, many file formats, etc.)

and maybe ipod linux has something too, but i'm not sure.

If you want your ipod how it is, then the above posts are much more helpful than this one.

If you want you can open up windows explorer the go to folder options and view hidden folders, then on your ipod u can open it up in windows explorer or my computer and find a hidden folder and look for ur music then drop what u want in there, this is also a way for you to get your music off your ipod because they only let ur ipod sync with one library; in case u get a new computer and want to transfer your music to that easily. If you do that then the files will look like four random letters but when u load them into itunes it will display the proper names

There are many alternatives to iTunes. But most of them cost $$. At least the decent ones do.

Anapod Explorer is one of them. From what i hear it is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom