Question for people familiar with RMA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hello All, so far I've been pretty luck and never had to do an RMA. However, recently, my 7900GT has went crazy with artifacts. I've determined without any doubt it's the video card due to some early fauly Samsung memory.

Anyway, the question, would I be better off doing the RMA through eVGA or NewEGG? eVGA is actually taking forever to deal with, they keep making me try every single thing to determine the card is faulty when I think they already know it is. And NewEgg already gave me an RMA #.

I guess the obvious answer would seem like NewEgg. I've just read that a few people were given 7950gt's through eVGA to replace faulty 7900Gt's. I'm not sure what NewEgg will do as their site no longer sells the eVGA 7900GT KO.

Just looking for any suggestions since I'm an RMA noob. Also, if anyone has dealt with either eVGA or NewEGG and has typical turn around time frame once they receive the defective product that would help as well :)

Thanks for the help :)

I apologize for the duplicate post on this, if a mod would be kind enough to delete the duplicate post with my apologies :)

New egg would be your best bet in my opinion. They have the best customer service.

Hello,

As with all faulty goods purchased from a retailer, you should return it to the retailer for a refund, not the manufacturer, because it is the retailer's responsibility to ensure that items sold to you are not faulty.

In this instance, Newegg's standard return policy is return for refund within 30 days, and return for replacement within a year.

The process would be more sensible and efficient because the manufacturer sells to the retailer, and the retailer sells to the consumer. Manufacturers who provide their goods in this way aren't adapted to dealing with individual customers, and the majority will encourage you to go through the retailer which you purchased it from because of this.

Thank you both for your help. I just boxed up the video card and luckily had everything that came with it including the eVGA stickers :) As NewEGG issued me an RMA and I still can't get one through eVGA, and my 1 year replacement time through NewEgg is up in under 4 weeks, I'll stay with NewEgg. A friend said I could use one of his old PCI-e cards until I get my new one so I can patiently wait.

Anyone know how long RMA's typically take through NewEgg once they have the product? Also, since NewEgg doesn't list the 7900GT for sale, what are the odds I will get a better card? As long as I get the same card with the new updated Ram I'll be happy, but I was worried since they don't list the 7900GT the process would take longer if they need to get one from eVGA. Sorry, no clue how this stuff works.

Thank you both for your help.

Thank you both for your help. I just boxed up the video card and luckily had everything that came with it including the eVGA stickers :) As NewEGG issued me an RMA and I still can't get one through eVGA, and my 1 year replacement time through NewEgg is up in under 4 weeks, I'll stay with NewEgg. A friend said I could use one of his old PCI-e cards until I get my new one so I can patiently wait.

Anyone know how long RMA's typically take through NewEgg once they have the product? Also, since NewEgg doesn't list the 7900GT for sale, what are the odds I will get a better card? As long as I get the same card with the new updated Ram I'll be happy, but I was worried since they don't list the 7900GT the process would take longer if they need to get one from eVGA. Sorry, no clue how this stuff works.

Thank you both for your help.

They may well offer a refund. In which case, they would refund you for how much you originally payed for the card (you may well stand to gain here).

Just wanted to follow up this post and say that a refund was offered through NewEgg, but not for the full amount. They offered me a 7950GT replacement or $250 credit. I took the credit and ordered an 8800GTS 640mb. I'm guessing I would have gotten a full refund if they didn't have an acceptable replacement, but I figured I'd get a DX10 card :) NewEgg is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom