x2 5200+ or e6300

Status
Not open for further replies.

zephyr

Solid State Member
which of these is better. my pc is going to be mainly for playing css and some movie converting.

specs
MotherBoard: depends on which is better
Ram: Patriot Signature 2GB (2 x 1GB) ddr2 667
Psu: hiper 480 watt
Hdd: wester digital 160gb sata 3.0
Mouse: mx 518
case: Rosewill tu-155
Gpu: dont know yet

Im sure you could guess. But if you didn't... Then
E6300

hm, i have to say i disagree with that.
for the money the c2d is very much better, if he is going to overclock it (maybe).
as far as stock performance, ahem, i have to strongly disagree that a 6300 will outperform a 5200.
and i say also, you will have to put a really heavy duty overclock on it to beat it then.
with an overclock to almost 3ghz the 6300 only slightly outperforms a 4800.
except in superpi i agree it whoops that out real quick-like.

If you are going to overclock then for sure the E6300. It will hit 3.0ghz easily which an X2 would need to be around 3.6-3.7ghz to compete with it then. Stock the X2 5200 will win in most cases but not overclocked. So C2D

No you are wrong.

E6300 overclocked to 3GHz can outperform 6000+ by far

no, actually, im not. it depends on the application. and most applications in which a 3ghz 6300 does outperform the higher end x2's, its not by very much.
but, i do agree that if you are going to overclock, a c2d would be the way to.

No you are wrong.

E6300 overclocked to 3GHz can outperform 6000+ by far

no, actually, im not. it depends on the application. and most applications in which a 3ghz 6300 does outperform the higher end x2's, its not by very much. i haven't seen a legitimate benchmark comparison between the 5200 and the 6300. the only real review of both compared that i have found was from anandtech comparing the 4800(or may have been 4600) stock to a 6300 oc'd to like 2.9 somethin and also stock. and the differences were not that massive in most cases. and in some cases the amd won. in a good number of the stock comparisons the difference was negligible.
so, no i dont think that a 6300 will kick the crap out of a 6000. aint gonna happen. except in superpi (woot), and maybe a couple other useless things.
i would be interested to see the comparison of a 3ghz 3600(65nm) to a 3ghz 6300. i imagine the difference would be even smaller.
but, i do agree that if you are going to overclock, a c2d would be the way to.
some people say they are easier, but i did not have too much trouble with my 4200.
good luck!

EDIT: sorry bout the double post. didnt really give the reasons in my first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom