How much can you OC an e6300 on a Intel Q965GF mATX LGA775 Conroe Mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude that makes no sense. Its already 1.86Ghz stock. Please, no more noob computer geeks. Any experienced OC'ers comment.

why does that make no sense?
872 mhz overclock would put you at 2.732ghz or so. ?
also...catch the sarcasm in plants post. there is no telling how far (or how close, heh) it can go.
you just have to do it and see.
i say if you hit 3ghz stock, you are better than most.

...Aren't MHz lower than GHz?

I dunno. Ok then I am the noob and should be learning from you guys.

thanks. I'll try. The only worry I have is that the new system I built, of the wires going on fire. I have enough cooling...its just a fear of mine.

Okay, first off:

1.8GHz = ~1,800MHz, right?

then ~1,800MHz + 872.3MHz = ~2672.3MHz = ~2.6723 GHz

So, that'd be a pretty nice overclock, in my opinion (The farthest I'd go would be 2.7, just 'cause any farther than that, I'd be scared of turning my PC on... >.>)

next up... click here. Read the second review from the top, the cons. If that's the same mobo (I'm pretty sure it is... 6 SATA, micro, 2 PCI, Intel Mobo.), then it's not an overclocker.

Many of them reach 3GHz with stock cooling, but not as many as the E4300s. Most of them can do 3 on stock cooling, and they are cheaper, with the same about of cache.

They are easier to OC because they have a higher multiplier than the E63, so you are not memory limited as soon.]

The 965 boards are not that bad, I just orded myself a Gigabyte 965 DS3 with an E4300 and 2Gb PC-6400 GeIL Ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom