Not Posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrstbster

Solid State Member
Alright got some problems here. Running XP pro Athlon XP200+,
512 PC2100 Ram, GeForce3 TI200, 20 Gig Fugitsu Drive and 80 gig Something or other forgot and to lazy to go look and see.
Ecs MB Ks75a I think are its letters, again I forget what it is.

Heres the problem running along in windows no problem then bang system restarts, but it doesnt. I have had to reinstall windows got system up and running with no problems then out of the blue it Blue Screens on me and hasnt come back up yet. It wont go back to post or that i can see. The cd roms keep spinning and the lights are on, but not seeing anything. Turn PC off and try again still not posting. Monitoris working still getting that screen that says Your monitor is working. Tried new monitor to make sure same thing. Is it the video card? isit the Board. I put new battery in it still no luck.

Get any beep codes from the mobo?
Listen carefully on boot and report back the number of beeps and there length along with your mobo's name and BIOS software. If no beeps then your mobo's KAPPUT.

No Beeps I guess board is gone thanks for reply. ECS K7s5a Award Bios cant tell anymore about it cause cant get back into it.

Usually if the board is gone it will not let the PC power on at all because the power switch would be fried and now power would happen since the power supply is connect to the motherboard.

I would say it is something with the video. First thing I would do is pull it out then put it back in nice and snug and make sure the monitor is tight on there as well. Then if still nothing try a differnt video card just to see if you can get some video out of the thing.

I tried resetting card and several monitors the problem is i dont have another AGP card to try in the MB. I hope it is the MB cause i got a new one on the way I will keep posting and let everyone know what happens. Sometimes its the only way we can learn. But you can get power to a MB without it working, the computer never goes into post so its first step is missing makes sense to me that thats what it could be, and the power is not fried on the board. Could be a corrupt bios and its not letting it go any further. But it also makes sense that it could be the Video card. I hope the MB to be here Moday and should have it set up sometime after 9 central Thanks again for all the help.

Hard to say what the problem is could be loose memory cards I had that problem once just fiddled with the memory cards and it came right back on.

OK I think i have double posted this Sorry!!!!!
New MB Asus A7n8x-x and new video card. ATI 9600 All-in-Wonder XT

Posted YEAH!!!!
but wait
cant install windows its all messed up. Windows doesnt get past setup. Seen place to take care of thatproblem. Finaaly got windows installed but no internet XP is not finding the LAN it is set to auto in BIOS. Windows had lots of errors. Reinstalled on new drive after formatting again. This time windowswont install missing some DLL files on XP CD (I didnt erase them its stupid) Now backto old problem of Bios NOT POSTING. NTFS has screwed my drives both of them. Now I cant even try again I have had it please give advice. OH I have taken the ram out put it back in switched slots used just one stick then the other stick still nothing I have switched procesors and still nothing

There is a way you can format the drive then try reinstalling windows to do this take the drive out of your computer and put in a computer that has xp and is running fine make sure you set your jumper to slave then put it in this computer format from windows to rid everything if that's what your tryin to do. Then reinstall. If not you can play with the drive from that computer.

When XP is installed on one PC and thne transfered to another it requires something from the cd XP will blue screen be cause of the New MB and hardware. I will try this tomorrow and see how it goes. I am also gettingsome new Ram to see if that maybe the problem. Another thing the last time before I lost the bios when windows tried to start it was very faded almost ghost looking but it never would leave that screen. When it would post I couldboot in safe mode no problem but I can get there now so not to worry about it anymore. I thought you could atleast post with no ram and no drives in it but i guess not. I will try new ram and post again Thanks DB_13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom