Sports Bike (Motorcycle) or PC Build? Which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, im a really noob with bikes haha. I just love the looks of the sports bikes and stuff. But what does the cc mean on the numbers 350cc and etc?

An engine's capacity is the displacement or swept volume by the pistons of the engine. It is generally measured in litres (in larger engines typically in cars and trucks) or cubic centimetres (abbreviated to cc's) for smaller engines. Engines with greater capacities are usually more powerful and provide greater torque at lower rpms but also consume more fuel.

So a 550cc motorbike will have more power and a usually a higher top speed than a 350cc motorbike... just like a 5.0L mustang has more torque and HP than a 2.8L focus... for excample

cool. Thanks, as a beginner on motorcyle are these things that important to me at all? Lol, I dont even know how to start up a motorcyle haha. I guess Ill have to take a class or something.

Most likely that bike will have an electric starter... Im not sure i just looked at the pic not the specs lol... if not it will have a kick starter.. It's not hard to start... a class would never hurt... It would be espically nice if you had and idea about using the clutch and chaing gears before hand... because if you did buy the bike... im sure the last thing you would want to do is sit on the bike pop the clutch and flip it ontop of yourself lol... or wipe out...

Edit** It says the bike has TCBI with Digital Advance
(Transistor Controlled Breakerless Ignition) so im guessing that means electric start.. i have no idea lol... if it is its the same as a car... just turn the key. Make sure you do research on the bike before you buy.. find a motorcycle form and ask some questions there..

Vehicle Reviews for 2005 Kawasaki Ninja® 250R

thanks, ye ima find some motorcycle forum. Im currently watching youtube videos on learning how to ride a bike haha.

You might want to get your Motorcycle Liscense taken care of also.. I got mine at 15, it's not that hard

o, :( a street bike?? lol j/k. If that is all you are going to get. Then buy the computer or save up for at least a 600cc class bike.

Im looking at this bike right now.....

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Detail.aspx?id=200&content=details

What do you guys think? Its fairly cheap and brand new :D

i think that is a toy. unless you are really small, or this is going to be your first motorcycle. and if thats the case you shouldnt be getting a street bike unless you like asphalt under your skin.
here's one a little out of your price range:

2007 Yamaha YZF600R Home, information, info

but it is one of the best low-mid end streets, imo. i agree with whoever posted to buy used. much cheaper, even if it is only a few months old.

EDIT: whoops i just noticed that this would be your first bike (haha the forums are wierd now). DUDE. there is no way you need to get a 600cc crotch rocket to LEARN on. unless you like breaking bones. we're talking 0-60 mph in less than 3 seconds and that aint much time if something goes wrong.
go with the smaller one, or better yet...get a dirtbike and learn in it. dirt doesn't hurt like concrete and asphalt. take the class though. but the best class is to actually ride one and see how they handle. or you will hurt yourself, trust me.
good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom