PM Box Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Daemon Poster
I don't see why the PM box is so limited, 100 messages... that adds up way too fast. How about 1000 with some easy ways of purging old messages? As it is, there's no way to purge old messages easily... and the size runs out so fast, especially when you 'save sent items', 50 messages and it's over!

I know storage is precious, but this is minimal text, and a rule could be set globally - if your box is over a % full, it could auto purge the oldest messages until it's back under the desired limit.

Something...but it's a thought.

I think 100 is the default setting. We know it can hold more, since most had every PM they had ever sent or received after the upgrade (can we say major delete? I knew you could. :D ). That may be a later tweak... right now Larry an DMo have plenty on their plates...

Well, let's see. If 30,000 members really started saving 100 PMs a piece, then the usage would be tremendous. Of course, there's not going to be that many saving messages.

There is now an easy way to purge your messages. There is a check box on the top of the list that will let you check them all and then select delete at the bottom. There is also a link at the top to empty the box.

If you want to save them, you can save them to your own computer by the links at the bottom of the PM page.

For now, 100 will remain the limit for registered members. However, that number will increase with promotions which we'll be using in the future. For example, a member that reaches 1000 posts may get an increase of 50, a contributor may have double that amount, and so on.

The auto-purge is a nice means of getting rid of stuff, but it sure perturbs people when something they were saving is deleted.

Thanks for the suggeston.

Dave :D

You doubled the limit... (I noticed this, and I'm just making sure you know that I did, haha.) :) Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom