Blue Screen Physical Memory Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
icantflybfplane said:
i dunno this is a guess if u can get into the bios try disabling..the uh...well my mind just went blank here.....the thing that manages power in the BIOS if u or anyone else knows what im talkin about...jesus sorry..haha but yea if u can figure out what i mean there try disabling that in the bios and ill think about what i was tryin to say there...
*edit* for some reason i thought xp and some drivers had trouble with the power management in the BIOS when installing them for some reason? maybe im on crack
:rolleyes: take it easy with the sugar ok!i!i!i!i!i

try this:
1. Examine the “System” and “Application” logs in Event Viewer for other recent errors that might give further clues. To do this, launch EventVwr.msc from a Run box; or open “Administrative Tools” in the Control Panel then launch Event Viewer.
2. Run hardware diagnostics supplied by the manufacturer.
3. Make sure device drivers and system BIOS are up-to-date.
4. However, if youÂ’ve installed new drivers just before the problem appeared, try rolling them back to the older ones.
5. Open the box and make sure all hardware is correctly installed, well seated, and solidly connected.
6. Check for viruses.
7. Investigate recently added software.
8. Examine (and try disabling) BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

[quote:] try this:
1. Examine the “System” and “Application” logs in Event Viewer for other recent errors that might give further clues. To do this, launch EventVwr.msc from a Run box; or open “Administrative Tools” in the Control Panel then launch Event Viewer.
4. However, if youÂ’ve installed new drivers just before the problem appeared, try rolling them back to the older ones.
5. Open the box and make sure all hardware is correctly installed, well seated, and solidly connected.
6. Check for viruses.
8. Examine (and try disabling) BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing [quote:]

how do I do this.. the computer won't do anything? maybe put the harddrive in another computer and check what's on it?

(quote:) try this:
6. Check for viruses.
8. Examine (and try disabling) BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing (quote:)

how do I do this.. the computer won't do anything? maybe put the harddrive in another computer and check what's on it?

right when u put ur laptop on press F8 and choose "safe mode" this will load the windows with no drivers, etc .......

yep.. except... this computer won't start.. nothing.. zilch.. vanilla.. gone bye bye... so there is no pressing F8.. there is no pressing anything.. there is only hardware to take out and put somewhere, but nothing happens on the computer when you press "ON"... absolutely NOTHING.... out to lunch.. can't seem to get this point across... black, empty, void, NOT ON, (what describes "dead computer" the best?)....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom