800 DDR2 Ram Last Year Of '07???

Status
Not open for further replies.

the:megalon

Baseband Member
If you don't know, Corsair realeased their new ram featuring 1.25k of memory.. And I was just curious: will the 800 DDR2 Ram still be great for gaming rigs? Or will we all have to be forced into the new ram for 07? (I know that we'll be buying 1k+ ram soon, but now? Will the 800 Memory still last my friends?

of coarse it will....DDR3 won't be being used anytime soon and the DDR2 standard is 533. There won't be any CPU's with 1600 FSB probably for another year to come at least.

actually intel is planning on debuting its new bearlake chipset q2 07 so if all goes well we hould have ddr3 very soon

First line of DDR2 in a wiki entry.

DDR2 was introduced in the second quarter of 2003 at two initial speeds: 200 MHz (referred to as PC2-3200) and 266 MHz (PC2-4200). Both perform worse than their DDR equivalents since heightened latency makes total access times twice as long in the worst case scenario.

Hrrm DDR3 is coming out Q2 this year..where have I heard that before?

DDR2 will be here for a while, theres no doubting that.

hrmph. dude if thats the case i hope amd has solved the problem of latency with am3. supposedly they improved on am2, and maybe they did a little...but CAS 9? lol not that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom