8800Gtx - Crysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly...going from what we have seen in the past with the 7800GTX and 7900GTX these are really powerful and expensive cards. They are NOT Budget cards in the least.

just a long shot but you think two 8800gtxs or 2950's in sli/crossfire would handle cry at max ie. 2600x1600 aa,af,hdr cranked all the way up or will it just melt your rig?

Crysis will definitely take advantage of dx10 and the 800 series, so yes, it will use alot of the power. But once again, if you look at the benchmarking and fps tests, ONE 8800gtx is absolutely powerful. When people are saying that 8800gtx is overated, in fact it's underated, people just don't realize how much power there is in them. Especially in SLI. Of course you need a great cpu that can keep up with, but basically, the 8800gtx has so much power that you need so much other hardware to match and put out its potential. Judging in Crysis's gameplay and graphics, (which look wonderful), I think one 8800gtx will be able to handle it with Vista and dx10, like I said before, nvidia focused on making their first dx10 compatible card attractive and forging a new pathway for dx10 features.

I highly doubt they could handle Crisis at that ratio.. the difference between 1600x1200 and 2600x1600 is more than double the amount of space to fill. That would be really hard to do.

Sorry to doubt, but: are you sure? The 8800's are pretttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttty powerful. Really powerful :/ Just wondering...

They are very powerful and might be able to pull it off on everything high but if your talking about the area amount of pixels the 1600x1200 has 1,920,000 pixels while 2600x1600 have 4,160,000 That is more than double and your using double cards. Im my head the 8800GTX will just be able to handle Crisis at that res but anything higher would be stretching it.

"I still think that the GTS will play it at pretty much full quality regardless...DX10 isn't going to add too many incredible features that will cut the frames down by half or anything."

it is contradictory to talk about how great and new and advanced the graphics are then on the other hand say its not adding much. you know that each extra level of detail and the huge environments add to the workload involved in running the game.

even if it is the best programmed game in the world it will still take a beast to run on high res or high settings because the game is so friggin' detailed.

"So why would nvidia make a crappy card that's supposed to be on the new pathway for dx10?"

each time a new dx version is released, traditionally the first series of cards that come out for that version are fairly weak. look at nvidias fx series, their first dx9 cards, those cards struggled heavily in dx9, we haven't even seen the 8800's run in dx10, no benchmarks available, so this is all speculation....this is also a major reason why more people aren't buying the 8800 series yet, they want to wait for 1-2 more generations of dx10 cards being released and be able to see benchmarks so they know their card isn't only dx10, but it runs dx10 games well.

Of course the developer says it runs on high on a 7800gtx, of course their requirements are low, that will help them sell games. A lot of factors in this besides video card, your cpu, your os, ram, what settings and resolution your running at.

I think speculating that an 8800gtx much less a 7800gtx will run the game at 1600x1200 on high is ridiculous at this point.

macdawg said:
ridiculous

Ridiculous? So thinking the $560 card you just payed for that is DX10 compatible won't play the first DX10 game on high?

In no way is it "ridiculous"

It wouldn't be a shock if it didn't but still in no way is it wrong to think that it will.

I just played far cry for a few hours... perfect fps on my 7900GT

Oblivion... all over the place.. including the single digits.

I'd say that farcry is more detailed than oblivion too. :)

so what have we learned? You can't predict performance based upon screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom