Will it make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord AnthraX

Fully Optimized
Victim: 7950GT KO 512MB Ram

Incident: Rose to a blistering 118 C when the fan on the VF-900 stoped, noticed when everything to laggy in F.E.A.R, minimized, checked control panel, 118C, Immediate power off. Popped it out of the PCI slot, took off the fan, thermal grease is semi melted. No smell of burning. Put it by the cold window to cool down. Fan is too hot to touch, acctually have a burn on my finger from touching it.

So should it be fine?

Im using my back up 7900GT for now.

dayum dude! Thats some harsh **** right there! How come the fan stopped, i wasnt aware zalman had any reliability issues? Good luck with that, hopefully uou noticed it in time

That sux, I hope it wasn't at that temperature for too long. Check it out later.

Mmm.

Well I wil begin testing with the fan.

I don't know if it was the spot I plugged it into, or the fan it self.

And the scary thing is, It must have been like this for at least 5 minutes, because the game got pretty laggy, but I thought it was becuase of the water (Intensive?) and I let it slip. Then I looked down, I saw the fan stop spinning, I saw the temp and yeah.

wow **** **** man...

I dont tihnk anything in my computer has ever gone above the 60C mark

In all seriousness, that heatsink shouldnt have gotten that hot even passively cooled...

aspire.comptech said:
wow **** **** man...

I dont tihnk anything in my computer has ever gone above the 60C mark

In all seriousness, that heatsink shouldnt have gotten that hot even passively cooled...

That's what I told my self.

But see I have a feeling the fan stopped long before I even started F.E.A.R, and it just started getting hotter and hotter until it lagged like crazy and I checked.

First time I have had any part of mine go over 60C as well.

I think that it didn't hurt it as long as it wasn't at that temperature for too long. I've seen GPU cards go over 100 C for a few seconds and still work just fine later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom