Tribute video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same way about that "tribute" video trotter posted.
Actually, I didn't post the video. i posted a link to it, along with a brief description so anyone who didn't wish to see it wouldn't have to. I ask all posters to do the same... I edit or deleted embedded videos.

No matter how you look at it, it's an attempt to make it look like we're underdog crusaders fighting for justice or something when that's simply not the case.
It was an attempt to show the humanity of those who are there. It did not glorify any one or any thing. If it had, it wouldn't have been linked, as it would have been too political.

I understand that not everyone will see things like I do, or feel the same way I do. That doesn't bother me. But anyone putting down my country, or the military, or the men and women who are serving in the military, and I take offense. Those who are not from the US, and many who are, feel it is their duty to slam the US, her president, and her military. I try to not return the favor, as every country and its citizens deserve that much respect.

Trotter said:

so anyone who didn't wish to see it wouldn't have to.

To me this sounds like other way of saying "negative comments not welcome"...? While positive is usually more fun that negative, one has to prepare to both positive and negative (and perhaps a few neutral) comments, when posting on public forum.

Trotter said:
It did not glorify any one or any thing.

Yes it did. But if you still can't see it, too bad. I give up.

Trotter said:
If it had, it wouldn't have been linked, as it would have been too political.

That's was the first thing I thought was weird, cause it says up there: "Threads about Religion, Politics, and/or Sex have not been manageable and are not allowed." This war is all about politics.

Trotter said:

But anyone putting down my country, or the military, or the men and women who are serving in the military, and I take offense. Those who are not from the US, and many who are, feel it is their duty to slam the US, her president, and her military. I try to not return the favor, as every country and its citizens deserve that much respect.

True. There are people who dislike America(ns) just because it's America. That's just plain stupid. I personally don't care about gender, race, age, country of origin, social class etc., I try to base my opinions on facts, not feelings. So if my country's (or any other, for that matter) government (includes military) does something stupid, I acknowledge it and don't necessarily approve it. To me this is common sense. But that's just me.

Now to sum this all up: Make love, not sex. :beard:

To me this sounds like other way of saying "negative comments not welcome"...?

I totally expected some negative comments. I just didn't want to subject anyone to the video who didn't choose to watch it. Call it common courtesy.

This war is all about politics.

There we disagree, but let's not turn this into a political debate. Rather, let's agree to disagree.

To me this is common sense.

Agreed.

Make love, not sex.

If only everyone knew the difference between the two. :(

great video, it really makes you think about what all those men and women are giving up to defend our country. just like what trotter said, i'm not exactly thrilled about the war, but i do understand why our troops have to be there.

ehhh...I did take offense, mostly on the propaganda side. LoTeX - anytime man, anytime. We agree that the other is wrong, that's our beliefs. As for me calling on you to do the same, that was out of respect, and you did not show the same in kind. Debates over, I've put in my two cents. Laters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom