8800Gtx - Crysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... Oblivion is is far less complex though than crysis.

http://www.gamershell.com/static/screenshots/7437/147594_full.jpg

http://www.crysis-online.com/Media/Images/Screenshots/Jungle-Action-01.jpg

I'd say the world detail is 3x denser. This is not to say that Crysis will run slower, it just means... crysis will have to SOMEHOW overcome that HUGE leap in detail, which can be done.

Compare HL2 and R6 Vegas... One runs and looks amazing. The other looks like crap and runs like crap as well.

Crysis is the first DX10 game and it looks AMAZING. These programers are going to make it as efficient as possible, just like Valve did with HL2. The DX10 might even be FASTER than DX9, it is a unified shader/vertex afterall.

I would not let massive graphics make you feel like Crysis is too much for your cards to handle. It is going to be extremely efficient. We've all seen the videos. It runs fine. It handles huge open areas with ease. The videos you've seen also are using V-sync, if you didn't notice.

P.S. - The new tech demo looks phenominal. You can see the motion in another clip realllly well too.

Phantom118 said:
I think the 8800GTX will completely destroy crysis. Like i said eairler it wouldn't be smart for the crytek to release a game that would be that demanding. Because not everyone can afford to upgrade. They want as many people as possible to buy the game so it wouldnt be economically smart to release it when only a handfull of people can play it.

Most game companies dont really care what people have in their computer as long as it looks good in E3 and as long as people think it's gonna look good on their computer.(hence the low reuirements of the site) with the exception of blizzards brilliant mmorpg wow which is a fun and does not demand much.

But you never know we can wait and see

BennyV04988 said:
Yeah... Oblivion is is far less complex though than crysis.

http://www.gamershell.com/static/screenshots/7437/147594_full.jpg

http://www.crysis-online.com/Media/Images/Screenshots/Jungle-Action-01.jpg

I'd say the world detail is 3x denser. This is not to say that Crysis will run slower, it just means... crysis will have to SOMEHOW overcome that HUGE leap in detail, which can be done.

Compare HL2 and R6 Vegas... One runs and looks amazing. The other looks like crap and runs like crap as well.

Crysis is the first DX10 game and it looks AMAZING. These programers are going to make it as efficient as possible, just like Valve did with HL2. The DX10 might even be FASTER than DX9, it is a unified shader/vertex afterall.

I would not let massive graphics make you feel like Crysis is too much for your cards to handle. It is going to be extremely efficient. We've all seen the videos. It runs fine. It handles huge open areas with ease. The videos you've seen also are using V-sync, if you didn't notice.

P.S. - The new tech demo looks phenominal. You can see the motion in another clip realllly well too.

Oblivion is also over a year old and will be a year and a half older than Crysis too so it's to be expected. If it wasn't more graphically advanced and more detail then we wouldn't be moving up in design would we. I still think that the GTS will play it at pretty much full quality regardless...DX10 isn't going to add too many incredible features that will cut the frames down by half or anything.

Sora said:
Oblivion is also over a year old and will be a year and a half older than Crysis too so it's to be expected. If it wasn't more graphically advanced and more detail then we wouldn't be moving up in design would we. I still think that the GTS will play it at pretty much full quality regardless...DX10 isn't going to add too many incredible features that will cut the frames down by half or anything.

I never said it shouldn't be advanced. Of course it will blow it away in graphics. *duh*.

I'm saying theres no justification in comparing Crysis' performance with a poor engined game such as Oblivion, because thats like saying HL2 should run like crap because R6 Vegas does. It's all in the programming, and how efficient it is.

Furthermore, DX10 is HUGELY efficient over DX9.

So if they do there best... it will run insanely well.

Their is a difference between "running" a game and "maxing it out". The budget cards will "run" crisis in dx10 mode. but it won't "max it out". So, for example a 8800gts will play crisis maxed at 1280x1024. but not 1600x1200.

the 8800GTX is not a "budget" card though at all.

Was the 7800GTX a budget card back then? No it still is really powerful. I still believe that the GTX will max out crysis at 1600x1200

Im still angry that they pushed the release date back.

I wanted to build my computer a Month after it came out...

But I guess I will have to build it anyways and wait.

But we all have to accept that waiting is a good thing. After all it gives them time to make a great game even better.

Heh yea...most things get pushed back and we know this from experience. It'll be a great game though regardless

Ste said:
Im still angry that they pushed the release date back.

I wanted to build my computer a Month after it came out...

But I guess I will have to build it anyways and wait.

But we all have to accept that waiting is a good thing. After all it gives them time to make a great game even better.

I hate when they push back release dates... but i suppose you have a point there... They pushed HL2 Episode 2 back to Q3.. sometime in the fall....

Sora has an excellent point. 8800Gtx is the first card to become compatible with dx10, and what we've been hearing from dx10 with the 8800 series will be phenomenal, or at least outstanding (exageration?). So why would nvidia make a crappy card that's supposed to be on the new pathway for dx10? When a company makes a product that is going to set a new pathway, in this case dx10, they want to make it attractive and performance-valued. It's like a debut. For example, when Intel announced they would have Intel Core 2 Duo, people were questioning if it would still be able to handle games in the far away future, and Intel did an excellent job of attracting customers with the powerful C2D. Of course, the E6300 and the E6700 is a big jump in performance, just like what the 8800gtx will be to the other cards arriving in the 800 series, but the E6300 is still an incredible and powerful chip, just like the 8800gtx is. What I'm saying is, nvidia focused on making the dx10 powerful and worthy to be play, so they focused on making a great card to start things off. They wouldn't start off with a "mediocre" card that wouldn't play 07' games because that would plunge doubt of the future 800 series cards within people's minds. Fortunately, nvidia did an excellent job on their debut. Kutos and more to nvidia... I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom