What is the best company that makes LCD monitor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
Hi

I want to know which is the best company that makes LCD monitor ? (for example samsung, LG, viewsonic or ....)

As I know, most LCD monitors can't display dark colors very well ? right ?
So, what is the contrast ratio that I should look for when I buy an LCD ? How good is 700:1 contrast ratio ?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think there is a best company out there, for LCD monitors. But there are alot of good, top companies out there. Samsung, Acer, Viewsonic, LG, Sceptre to name a few. I like Samsung and Acer. I think they are the top ones, for LCDs.

I think contrast ratio is the ratio of displaying bright and dark colors. So the higher the better. 700:1 is ok.

I will be using my LCD monitor for gaming, but I need to know that will LCD monitor with a contrast ratio of 700:1 display dark colors as good as CRT monitors ?

The quality of images and videos appear better in LCD or CRT ?

There is no best company but some of my favorites are:

Samsung
Acer
Viewsonic
Hanns-G

EDIT: To Buddy- Actually LCD's cannot compare to the quality of a GOOD CRT. Just as you say he has never had a good LCD, go and buy a top notch CRT and see how amazing they are. CRT's are what visual artists and graphic designers use becuase of just the shapes a CRT can make beautiful. CRT's time is over maybe for the standard LAN party gamer user, but as for graphic and visual arts people a CRT will always be king, as an LCD just cannot compare to them.

Sora said:
There is no best company but some of my favorites are:

Samsung
Acer
Viewsonic
Hanns-G

EDIT: To Buddy- Actually LCD's cannot compare to the quality of a GOOD CRT. Just as you say he has never had a good LCD, go and buy a top notch CRT and see how amazing they are. CRT's are what visual artists and graphic designers use becuase of just the shapes a CRT can make beautiful. CRT's time is over maybe for the standard LAN party gamer user, but as for graphic and visual arts people a CRT will always be king, as an LCD just cannot compare to them.

Well Duh... CRT Response Time is basically non exsitence lol...... And 90% of ppl using like AUTO CADD or other design tools use LCDS nowa days... the pic is alot sharper....Granted CRTs are still good BUT wth would u want a heavy a** CRT??? makes no sense to me...

I work on AUTO CADD on an LCD and it looks just as good if not better on lcd than CRT..... alot of ppl dont realize how FAR LCD technology has come....

LCD FTW

BTW This post is about LCD companies.... lets not start another LCD vs CRT wich is better... the poster asked about lcds lets help him out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom