8800Gtx - Crysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rokza said:
Hey, but what abt the 8800GTS and 8600 Ult. Will they be able to handle CRISIS?
I don't have enuf cash to buy the GTX :(
Errr...can someone please answer (predict) this question please!

rokza said:
Sob.....that really puts me off.

Thats what I was thinking. If crysis requires that much power that a 8800GTX/GTS cannot run it on max... How high do you think sales will be? If only a handfull of people can run the game.. only a handfull of people are going to buy it... unless they all upgrade.

A single 7800GTX will run the game quite well on fairly high settings according to Crysis Art Director, Michael Khaimzon.

Recommended Requirements
CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
Graphics: Nvidia 7600 or ATI X1600 Pro (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
RAM: 1.5GB+
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

This sounds reasonable to me.

backup287 said:
lol they always say that, they just state low requirements so people will buy i remeber warcraft 3 said it needed a 32 mb video card and my buddy lagged with a 256 mb vid card!(he was not bottlenecked by ram or cpu)

same with Aoe3 box says 64 mb video card but ive heard of people with 512 mb ones lagging on med those requirements are always exxagerated

Video memory has noting to do with the performance of the video card.

For example, 128MB 6600GT can easily beat a 512MB 7300GS

rokza said:
If the 8800 GTX is going to be having trouble running crisis, then I don't think the 8800GTS 320MB will even be able to run crisis :(
Am I right?

A 8800GTS 320MB will not run it !!!! Are you joking ? !!

8800GTS may not run it on Max settings but it will run it.

I'm very sure that even 6600GT will run it.

maroon1 said:
Video memory has noting to do with the performance of the video card.

For example, 128MB 6600GT can easily beat a 512MB 7300GS

A 8800GTS 320MB will not run it !!!! Are you joking ? !!

8800GTS may not run it on Max settings but it will run it.

I'm very sure that even 6600GT will run it.
Someone said that the 8880GTX is going to have trouble running CRISIS. So I made an assumption that if the best card in the market right now is going to have trouble running the game, than theres no way by which the 880GTS is going to NOT have trouble running it. Just an assumption!
Will the 8600 Ultra be able to run the game??? I was planning to buy that when it released instead of buying the 8800GTS right now.

rokza said:
Someone said that the 8880GTX is going to have trouble running CRISIS. So I made an assumption that if the best card in the market right now is going to have trouble running the game, than theres no way by which the 8800GTS is going to NOT have trouble running it. Just an assumption!
Will the 8600 Ultra be able to run the game??? I was planning to buy that when it released instead of buying the 8800GTS right now.

I think the 8800GTX will completely destroy crysis. Like i said eairler it wouldn't be smart for the crytek to release a game that would be that demanding. Because not everyone can afford to upgrade. They want as many people as possible to buy the game so it wouldnt be economically smart to release it when only a handfull of people can play it.

Would you people stop worrying! Use some common sense please! the game is still in alpha stage(I think) so no one knows how its going to run except we know that it will run awesome on an 8800gtx.

Go to Crysis-Online.com or Incrysis.com and watch the Village gameplay vids. That is running on an 8800gtx on DX10. Just remember that it's still not optimized

Um can anyone remember Oblivion here? Back a year ago when Oblivion was released the only thing that could dare play it at 1600x1200 at full speed were like the GTX's and XTX's.

Even they had trouble at some times. I think that the GTS will still play it at very good frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom