Blue Screen Physical Memory Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

frhrwa

Solid State Member
I have basically, a brand new HP/Compaq Presario R3000 ... I bought this new from Fry's, it died 2 weeks later, they wouldn't service or replace it.. said to go to HP.. I tried that, HP wanted me to disassemble it and do some testing with them.. I didn't pay $1300 for a new laptop to learn how to work on laptops, so.. I refused to work on it.. told them it was their warranty, they should take care of it.. needless to say, I have a dead Laptop that they won't warranty.. so.. what it does, or did, was come up with a blue screen of death, bunch of error codes, then says starting Physical Memory Dump, runs off huge numbers, then wa la.. its gone.. finally now, it does NOTHING.. won't even start up.. tried reload, finally got it to go all the way to the drivers disc supplied, then up comes the BSD and the Physical memory dump thing.. history repeats itself and its a black flat plastic thing that does nothing once again.. any ideas? or anyone know anyone that has had experience fixing this? or?.... thanks for any suggestions.. I've tried other forums, I've even gone to the CEO of HP.. his secretary basically said "get lost"... .. no bites yet.. figured one of you guys out there would have a great answer to this dilemma.. I know in all that brain power, there is an answer available.. so, keep thinking...

I would get in contact with better business bureau. And start a battle with the A** H**** that say they wont do anything about it. There are laws against this crap a little more pressure is in line for sure. I wouldn't work on it. They need to be held responsible.

no warranty anyway, obviously.. they don't value customer service or their warranties... I hadn't contacted the BBB, but that's not a bad idea.. I've been putting the word out on the net everytime someone asks about laptops and companies.. I figure if they will screw me, they'll screw anyone and everyone they get a chance to do.. they've lost me permanently, I will not buy ANY HP/COMPAQ product again.. period.. and I will go out of my way to stop anyone else from purchasing a product that is not backed by a decent company.

i dunno this is a guess if u can get into the bios try disabling..the uh...well my mind just went blank here.....the thing that manages power in the BIOS if u or anyone else knows what im talkin about...jesus sorry..haha but yea if u can figure out what i mean there try disabling that in the bios and ill think about what i was tryin to say there...

*edit* for some reason i thought xp and some drivers had trouble with the power management in the BIOS when installing them for some reason? maybe im on crack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom